Lotus Herbals Natural Blend Swift Makeup SPF 15 (Shade - Honey Beige) Review

Hello beauties! My net is not working properly (yes again! :( ) so I am not being able to post as much as I have planned to do.  I am going to review today a product which I have bought quite a long time back (read my July Haul) and wasn’t getting around to use it properly. As you know by the title it is the Lotus Herbals Natural Blend Swift Makeup SPF 15 in shade Honey Beige. During this festival time and outings I tried to include it in my makeup procedure and had been using it as an under-eye concealer as well as an eye-shadow base. So my review is based on that experience.

PRICE:  Rs.249

QUANTITY: 10g

INGREDIENTS: Not specified. 

CLAIMS: “All-in-one make-up that works like a foundation, a concealer & a compact, with sun protection. Its smooth application creates an even skin tone, conceals imperfections & blends easily for a matte effect, without caking or clogging pores. 

SWATCH:

MY EXPERIENCE: I have been looking for a concealer for the little dark circles around the eyes. When I read some reviews of this product I thought of trying it out. However, there was only one shade (Honey Beige) available at the Lotus counter when I went to buy it (and this is the only Lotus counter within the vicinity of where I stay). The SA swatch it on my hand and it blended properly and matched my skintone. That was the mistake I made. I didn’t have much experience then of buying foundations/concealers as I never used them and didn’t think of applying it on my face where I am going to use it. After I came back home I applied it around my eyes to see if it brightens my eyes and the surrounding areas. But it looked ashy on me. I consoled myself that maybe I haven’t blended it properly and need to learn it. So, I have gone through many makeup – tutorials and learnt a bit. But it still didn’t give any drastic improvement to the previous case. However it acts nice as an eyeshadow base as it makes application easy and also doesn’t crease them. 

WHAT I LIKED: 
  • It comes in a stick format (like a lipstick case) which is quite hygienic in my opinion.
  • Helps in smooth and easy blending.
  • It is thick creamy in nature but didn’t feel greasy on application.
  • Contains UV protection.
  • Easy on the pocket and you get a huge quantity which would really last long.
  • Nice packaging but the cap is made of flimsy plastic and may break under pressure. 
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE: 
  • The shade didn’t suit me, and all shades are not available at all counters.
  • It gives very sheer coverage and cannot hide any dark spots/marks.
  • I didn’t brave it to apply on full face as foundation as it is rich and creamy and might clog pores.
  • I didn’t like the smell which is subtle but like old cosmetics in not a nice way.

VERDICT:  If you are planning to buy a light coverage foundation/concealer you might give it a try but make sure you test the shade on face and not on hands for a true match. It is quite a cost effective product if one can get the right shade. I will try to find my shade if there is any. 

RATINGS:  3 out of 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)